Friday, July 31, 2009

How to find the Horizontal Shift, C, of sinusoidal equations?

I am unsure of how to find the Horizontal Shift, C, in a sinusoidal equation.





y = Asin(B + C) + D





I've been working through problems and looked at a few resources (books and online) to help me but most of them breeze through how to get the horizontal shift and I can't seem to find where the numbers come from.





Anyone have any examples or suggestions on resources I could use? I am able to find the other numbers but just need help with horizontal shift.





Any help is greatly appreciated.

How to find the Horizontal Shift, C, of sinusoidal equations?
The Horizontal shift of a sine graph is the C. To shift it C units to the left, you would have a positive C while to shift it C units to the right you have to have a negative C

plants

No comments:

Post a Comment