Monday, May 24, 2010

How to replace an A/C compressor in my house?

My A/C unit at home doesn't get cold anymore. I'm told that my compressor froze up and that a new one would cost $700 with labor. I'd rather do it myself for less if it is possible. I'm very handy when it comes to any kind of repairs as long as I have specific instructions to follow.





Thank you for your input!!!!

How to replace an A/C compressor in my house?
You cannot do it because of restrictions on refrigerant usage. You have to be certified by the epa. Before you spend the money, make sure the compressor really is bad. Many times the compressor is not really the problem but it gets replaced any way. If the compressor is "froze" you can try to free it up with what is called a hard start capacitor. The problem could be something else such as a bad run capacitor. For more info, check out the air conditioner page at my source.
Reply:Hi. Its really a lot of works involving:-


1) Discharge yr existing refrigerate gas in yr condensing unit,


2) Blazing to remove yr faulty compressor


3) Replace new compressor


4) Blaze new compressor to match existing connection


5) Charge in new refrigerate gas to the optimum pressure with aid of pressure gauge





I'll suggest you get a few contractor to give u a quote. By the time u get those equipment, it'll definately cost you more than $700...


No comments:

Post a Comment