Monday, May 24, 2010

How to mount an A/C condensor to the side of a house?

I want to mount a new 5 ton A/C condensor to the side of my new house. I do not want to pour a concrete slab. Do I have to make angle iron triangles or can these be bought? How do I attach the angle iron to my house? The unit weights about 200lbs.

How to mount an A/C condensor to the side of a house?
There is a good reason why ac units are put on the ground. If you attach it to your house, every time it runs your house will vibrate with the harmonics of the unit. My guess is it will drive you nuts in a very short time. Plus you will have to run your lines to the far outside of the unit for access during maintenance and repairs exposing them to a greater chance of damage after, of course, making sure your clearances for air circulation are met. If you don't mind these, go ahead and mount it to your house. However, they make preformed pads that can be laid on the ground so you don't have to pour a pad, just level the ground and lay it down. These can be found at most HVAC supply houses. A wall bracket system would be much more expensive and time consuming than the pad. If you are intent on mounting to your house, it all depends on the exterior house material as to how you would do it and I would need more info before I could guide you thru the process.





Good Luck!
Reply:YOU WELL MAKE AIRON ANGEL TO LEFT THIS WEIGHT AND FIX THIS ANGLE ON THE WALL BY GOOD TYPE OOF BOLTS AND CHECK ITS HAS THE SAME LEVEL


No comments:

Post a Comment