Friday, May 21, 2010

Can having a prior D and C make you have an incompetent cervix?

I don't have a history of having an incompetent cervix, and I do have two kids, but I just wonder about the risks from having a D and C. I needed a D and C a year ago because of a miscarriage at 9 1/2 weeks. I am now 18 weeks pregnant and I just want to know the risks. Thanks for all the answers.

Can having a prior D and C make you have an incompetent cervix?
I had a D%26amp;C in Nov. of 2006 because of miscarriage at 10weeks. I'm 23 weeks now ... I think there are always risks in having procedures -- scarring of the uterus, ect. But, during your checkup's your doctor should be able to see if you have a high-risk pregnancy.
Reply:A cleaning of the cervix has no effect on caring children to term.


I had one for the same reason and still had a child later.


No comments:

Post a Comment