Sunday, August 2, 2009

What size belt do I need to bypass the a/c on a 1992 nissan pathfinder XE?

My A/C compressor is going bad. Since I don't use my A/C anyway I want to run a shorter belt to the idler pulley, bypassing the AC. Does anyone know what size belt I need or how I might measure the belt size.

What size belt do I need to bypass the a/c on a 1992 nissan pathfinder XE?
Go to a parts store and ask if they have a belt for the same vehicle that did not have a/c when it came out...thats what ive always done
Reply:And the reason for turning just the idler? just remove the AC belt your truck has three belts (alt waterpump) Powersteering and AC from back to front easy just take the belt off and make sure to retighten the center nut 14mm on the idler pulley.


No comments:

Post a Comment